Sunday, April 10, 2011

Beer Bread with Extras

This recipe is based on the beer bread recipe over at Honest Fare.  That place is one of my all time favorite food blogs.  It literally makes my day better when a new recipe gets posted.  Whatever, don't judge me.

I use this bread recipe all the time.  It takes approximately 3 seconds to prepare and is always good.  Really, it always comes out great.

Today I was hoping to combine some of the sweetness of dried fruit with the herb-y/earthy flavor of dried spices.  I used the basic recipe as posted (so I wont re-post it here) but I added in a scoopful of my favorite dried fruit muesli and a dash of oregano and sesame seeds and prepared it with Dogfish Head's Sah'tea beer.  I'm relatively local to this brewery and this is one of my very favorite beers they offer.  It fits right in with my love of rice and lentils like you wouldn't believe.

Later tonight I'm going to find out if I can use this bread to compliment a curried lentil salad and get that sort of sweet and savory flavor you get in the spiced curries that incorporate fruit into the mix.  Hooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment